Friday, May 8, 2015

Giving Thanks


Life is good.  So very good! When I stop and look around me at all the little wonders in my life, I often feel overwhelmed with gratitude.  Sometimes it is hard to direct our gaze upon the positive when the negative is shouting in our face throughout the day.  But deep inside of me, there is a spirit of thanksgiving that allows me to recognize the gifts in my life.  Here are a few from this past week...

- the smell of freshly mowed grass
- seeing the first goldfinch of the season at my feeder
- family reunions
- sisters who totally understand and love me
- little miracle babies


- warm sunshine after a cold winter
- flip flops and pretty painted toes
- trusting in a future that is unsure
- celebrating first birthdays


 


- strawberry smoothies
- delicious fresh salads


- the adventure that a good book provides
- the security of home
- the smell of homemade soup cooking on the stove
- sharing laughter with Wayne and Spencer after a long day at work

All is gift. I am blessed.



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I concur!!! It is overwhelming when we realize how truly blessed we are!! Wishing you all the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post, Joanne. For the record, if it was even slightly socially acceptable for someone my age, that's exactly how I too would eat cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! You are just so real and honest! And hilarious!!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...