Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Cheesy Pepperoni Bites

I can't even remember the last time I posted anything other than a card for my Little Red Wagon challenges.  But I tried a new recipe recently when I attended an end-of-summer street party with my neighbors and it is a keeper.  It was for Cheesy Pepperoni Bites and I have to say they were delicious!


Here is the recipe in case you would like to try something different.  I think they would make an awesome after school snack or even a snack that you can pack in your lunch.  They are great served with warmed up pizza sauce.

Cheesy Pepperoni Bites 

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
4 ounces turkey pepperoni, chopped
1/2 cup pizza sauce

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.  In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.  Whisk in the milk and egg.
Next, stir in mozzarella.
Finally, stir in the pepperoni and mix well.  Let stand for 7-10 minutes.
Divide batter among the mini-muffin cups.  Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
While waiting for the bites to bake, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through.

Note:  I added a dash of basil to the mixture for a bit of seasoning.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...