Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spoiler Alert!

I am taking a chance by posting this before Father's Day! In the event that my dh reads this, his Father's Day gift will be spoiled. But I had to share this great idea with all of you!

I saw something similar to this on the internet and I knew I had to give it a try. It is a decorated Chinese food container with paper fortune cookies. How cool is that!

So this is what it looks like when it is all finished. I started with a plain container that I bought from 'M' (lol). Then I took the handle off, opened the container and traced the sides onto pattern paper. I cut out the paper and then glued it onto the container using Zip Dry adhesive. I then refolded it and reattached the handle.

I made up a coordinating tag that I tied to the handle with ribbon.

Then, the best part - the fortune cookies! These are made using 4" circles that you fold in a special way. I have to admit I had to try it a few times before I got it right. Luckily, my BSF (best scrapbook friend) came to my rescue and talked me through it!

I made up a fortune for each one that I added before I folded them.

So there you have it - a great Father's Day gift made with love! This would also be a fun idea for other occasions, like birthdays. You have to give it a try - uber cool!


5 comments:

  1. Such a perfect idea for Fathers day! I just might have to keep this concept in mind for valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...