Sunday, February 1, 2009

Springing Forward

It is usually about this time of year that I start to feel as though I am living in a snow globe and I want to get out. Sometimes it truly is pretty with all the snow, especially when the sun is shining. Other times it feels as though someone has decided to shake the snow globe and watch as the snow swirls around in a furry and settles anew on everything. Either way, it is always this time of year that I start to wish winter away!

I want to see the crocuses poking their brave heads above ground. I want to hear the chorus of birds chirping outside my window early in the morning. I want to sit outside in my favorite spot and feel the warmth of the sun… (sigh)


But, I know that all the wishing in the world won’t make these things happen any earlier than they are supposed to, so in the meantime I try to surround myself with pretty things that make me think of Spring!


:: a pretty hand-painted teapot from my sister::



:: crocheted and embroidered linens from my paternal grandmother ::


:: a decorative bird cage ::


:: sweet, little birds - a recent purchase while out shopping with my bff ::


:: a souvenir from one of my 'sisters get-away' weekends ::


:: a birdhouse I made with some of the stones I've collected, favourite photos, lanterns ::

I hope everyone is surviving these cold winter months and if you don't see me outside too often in the next little while, just look for me in the Spring - I'll be poking my head out when the crocuses do!

2 comments:

  1. I often surround myself with spring like items about this time of year too! Yours are lovely and 'springy'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those things make me think of spring too, love your taste in decor...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...