Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Celebration

It has been an extremely busy couple of weeks. Between house renovations, planning and hosting our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration and owning a store that is busier than ever, I have not even had a moment to get to my blog. But, the good news is --- I'm back!

I do have lots to blog about, but I have to start by sharing some photos of our party. It was such a wonderful celebration with family and friends joining us. It made me realize how truly blessed we are to not only have been married for 25 years, but to have such wonderful people in our lives. Their friendship, support and humor has added to the richness of our marriage over the years.

So, now for the photos. We did not end up with too many pictures. I guess we were too busy enjoying the moment. But my son did manage to get a few.

My brother, Brian, honored Wayne and I with a heartfelt toast. He captured the essence of our marriage beautifully and brought laughter and tears to each of us.

We decided to have the Wok Wagon cater our dinner and all we can say is that is was absolutely delicious! Friends of ours who attended our party had just arrived home from a trip to China and they had to laugh when they found out we were having Chinese food! But, they said it was far better than anything they ate on their trip!

Then we indulged in some truly decadent desserts that my dear friend, Sue Eby, made for us. She made five delicious desserts in total and they were all amazing.

Then our guests enjoyed the rest of the evening by visiting, playing pool, watching TV (yes, we had some die-hard sports fans at the party) and playing Rock Band!

Rock Band had to have been the funniest part of the evening. Imagine a group of adults having their turn at the drums, guitar and microphone while trying to follow a hard rock song! It was truly hilarious! Someone (I'm not mentioning names!) played so hard that she actually broke a drum stick!

It was a wonderful celebration! I am not only grateful for 25 years of marriage but for the wonderful people in our lives. I have to say I am truly looking forward to the next 25.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation's on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your guests. Wishing you and Wayne many more amazing years together.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue for your well wishes and for making the fab-u-lous desserts! You are a wonderful friend that I am blessed to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wondeful time! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like SOOOO much fun!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...