Monday, October 19, 2009

A Weekend Away

I had the wonderful pleasure of attending a scrapbooking retreat in Horseshoe Valley this past weekend with my bsf (best scrapbook friend). It was scenic and relaxing and I got lots done. I completed a number of layouts and cards and just enjoyed having no responsibility whatsoever - except to scrapbook to my heart's content!

The first layout I worked on, Exploring the Waterfront, was based on the October 15 sketch on the Sketchabilities blog. I liked that this sketch had 4 photos on it and I knew I had the perfect pictures for it.

I used papers from Kaiser Craft and corrugated letters from Jillibean Soup.

Next, I created a page to document my recent visit to my Mother's childhood home. (You can read my Stepping Back In Time post if you like.)

I titled it Back In Time and I used some Basic Grey Wisteria papers that I have been waiting to work with. I made the paper flowers using a new technique that I read about. They were really easy and I promise to do a 'how-to' post in an upcoming Friendzy Friday on the Two Scrapbook Friends blog!

I think my favorite page of the weekend though was my Dream layout!

I worked with the new Time to Travel line from TPC Studio because I totally love the colors and I thought they would work really well with this picture of my ds. Then I added some bling, a chipboard dragon fly that I inked and glimmer-misted, a Tim Holtz ticket and Basic Grey chipboard letters for the title. Plus, I decided I just had to add one of the circle trees that Karan has been using on some of her creations recently. I soooo love them!

At the end of the weekend, I submitted this layout into the page layout contest and guess what? I won! That was a first for me and I was thrilled!

I still have lots to share so stay tuned for tomorrow's post. Thanks for looking ♥

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful layouts! I feel some scraplifts coming on! Congrats on your win too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh friend..you rawked these, i love your take on the sketch, those photos are awesome...im so glad you had the chance to get away...we all need to do that...and i just love all of these layouts, they are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Joanne! Congratulations on the win!!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um hello.....these are gooooorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great weekend friend! We should do it again soon. I love your layouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layouts, congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great time at April's retreat. We went to her retreat in Owen Sound last year (when we couldn't fit TSF retreat into our busy schedule of course!) and had a great time. Congrats on winning layout of the weekend! I won that honour last year at her retreat! Being away with friends scrapbooking is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...