Sunday, September 5, 2010

Canoeing the Grand

After talking about it for a long time - we finally did it! We canoed the Grand River.

Last weekend we decided to do a 2-1/2 hour trip on the Grand River and it was wonderful! It was sunny and peaceful - well, except for the many times that Mr B and I were arguing over which side of the canoe we should each be paddling on - and it was beautiful and we wondered out loud why it took us so long to do it!

Mr B and I shared a canoe and Spencer was by himself in a kayak. It was just the three of us - a good time for some family bonding, even though Spencer paddled along far behind us at his own pace. (I think he was pretending not to know us!)

We enjoyed the scenery and the wildlife and we had fun trying to guess exactly where we were along the river as there were not very many buildings or landmarks to guide us.

It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday and I am sure we will canoe the Grand again sometime. We are very fortunate to have this kind of nature right in our own back yard!

8 comments:

  1. oh... I did that about 5 years ago! Totally enjoyed it! You have me thinking I should do it Again! Glad you enjoyed the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun! you're right there is so much to ecplore so very close by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun girl but no pics of you? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to do this too. I think it might have to wait until next summer, or maybe we can squeeze it in this fall. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like avery relaxing ride. Which I had the nerve to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics!! What I want to know is were you arguing over which side you should be paddling on, or over the fact that you weren't paddling AT ALL, since you were busy taking pictures!! HA HA!!

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrea - Now you know why there are no pics of me! I didn't want to give Mr B the camera or I would have to do all the paddling :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...