Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ready or Not

I always need about 2 extra weeks each Christmas. No matter how hard I try, no matter how organized I am, I never seem to accomplish everything I want by the time Christmas arrives.

Like the Christmas cards I planned to send out. Or the shopping I hoped to enjoy rather than just rush through at the last minute. Or the friends I had wanted to visit.

And then in the midst of the busy preparations, my heart would be called to take a moment and think of what Christmas is all about; think of the gift that Christmas truly is. And right then and there I would desire to fall on my knees in gratitude and sorrow. Gratitude for what God our Father has given us in Jesus. And sorrow that I so easily lose sight of what this precious holiday is all about.

Today is my day off and my list of things to do is very long. When I checked my email this morning, I received one from Audrey with a link to this beautiful video - O Holy Night. I am grateful that before my day even started I was reminded again what my real focus should be.

Listen and enjoy this beautiful song.



May your day be blessed.


1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...