Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book Club

Remember this post? Well, my book club experience has begun!

Eight of us met for the first time on Wednesday evening and we have a lovely group of ladies all very excited to be in a book club. Linda, a wonderful friend who is generous and witty and a great person to be around, is the reason we are all together. She has twin boys (or should I say young men) who will be graduating high school this year and starting University in the fall, and she didn't want to miss them too much, so she thought she needed to stay busy with some new endeavors. Hence, her desire to begin a book club.


The first book we will be reading is The White Tiger a debut novel by Indian author Aravind Adiga. It is interesting to be reading a book that someone else has picked out. Based on the cover it is not one that I would have chosen. (Yes, that is how I normally choose a book. Does that make me a shallow person? lol) So I am very curious to start reading it.

Which brings me to my second concern. Do I begin to read it right away and risk forgetting the details when it comes to discussing it... or do I wait and read it right before we meet again and risk not finishing it in time!! YIKES!

I know a book club is supposed to be fun and I am seriously excited to be a part of one, so I refuse to worry about the little things. If I don't like the book or finish it or have anything intelligent to add when we discuss the book, I will just change the subject to scrapbooking - something I know lots about!

I will let you know how it goes...

6 comments:

  1. I love your scrapbook comment. Read it now and maybe you'll enjoy it enough to reread it and then you'll be fully prepared to discuss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it now Joanne...then as Darcy says review it to refresh your memory just before your book club meeting. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always read right away- you could make notes. I sometimes end up reading a couple of books inbetween bookclub books and then I get confused lol. The great thing about bookclubs is that it does make you read books you normally wouldn't- some you'll like and sadly some not so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this sounds so fun girl, I am glad you found a little group and you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear more about your book club adventure Joanne! I have always wanted to be part of one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tsk, tsk - so shallow, Joanne, so shallow.... (hee hee)

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...