Monday, March 7, 2011

Counting the Gifts


I am s-l-o-w-l-y making my way through the pages of Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. It is an intentional slowness. I am forcing myself to read and absorb each word. I want the wisdom of her words to make their way from my thoughts to my heart. And with each page I am blessed.

I recognize the gifts, I feel the thanks and my heart is full. My list continues...

31. long shadows
32. my heart being stretched to love more
33. good news concerning a friend's health
34. asking my teenage son to make me a cup of tea and him doing so without complaint
35. hidden sacrifices
36. robin's egg blue - the most beautiful color in the world!


37. the gift of family unity
38. favorite photos


39. finished projects
40. opening windows to fresh, Spring air

May your day be blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your list. Ah, the moment of no complaint is a blessing! One I cherish too. Your creativity is awesome. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list of gifts. Yay for good news. The robin's egg soaps are adorable! I love having favorite photos around the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what number I will be... tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just made the list Dee! ...friends with a sense of humor!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dee, I was wondering where I was going to show up too. Since you said it first, now I can type this:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...