Friday, January 13, 2012

I ♥ Snow

This is such a great time of year for scrapbooking! When the weather outside is freezing cold, all I want to do is stay inside where it is warm and cozy and work away at my favorite craft!

I decided to do up a snowy layout using photos of Spencer from a few years ago. I really miss the days when he was younger and loved playing in the snow for hours at a time... {sigh}



I based my layout on a sketch I found on the Canadian Scrapbooker website. I also borrowed the idea of hanging my snowflakes from my BFF and a recent layout she did!


I layered some Maya Road snowflakes with wooden snowflakes that I painted white and glittered using GlitterRitz! Then I added a gemstone that I colored with a Copic marker to match the red on my layout.


My title was created using my fav Jillibean corrugated alphas!


And I even added some journaling - which is something I am trying to include on all (most!) of the layouts I do this year!

Thanks for looking~

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I was just looking at this sketch today too. I love your colours scheme and those hanging snowflakes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to work on your journalling resolution! Love the hanging snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this. Great sticthing..I like how it overlaps. Your take on the sketch is wonderful! I hope you upload it to the site!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...