Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Inspiration Elevator - January 2013


The purpose of our Inspiration Elevator challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow.  

The start of a new year is a great time to look ahead to all that we hope to happen in the future, but it is also a good time to look back at where we have been.  We thought we would do the same thing with our creative process.  So, this month we are looking back over the last year and sharing our Top 10 Favorites - some of the designs that reflect growth or success in our creativity.  

Here are my Top 10 of 2012, in no particular order.  If you click on the title of the layout, it will take you to the original post where you can find more details :)



This is still one of my favorite layouts ever.  I love the Kraft background with the contrast of the black and I adore all the eclectic bits and pieces that went into this layout.



I really scrapped outside the box with this layout.  The creation of the burst background (without a template) using a variety of papers and stickers, was a creative delight! 



I like the framed background on this layout and I especially like the addition of the corrugated paper.  The simplicity of the repeated title has real eye-appeal for me and the journaling on this page, which was part of the challenge, is what makes this layout extra special for me.



This page is one of my favorite Inspiration Elevator layouts!  It has many of my signature elements on it, including paint splattering, stitching and a clean, airy feel. 



I love pink! And for that reason alone, this layout is a favorite of mine!  That, and the fact that my sweet niece, Emily, is on the page!



Uncluttered, simple and a great color combination makes this layout a stand-out for me! Plus, it was the first layout where I created my own title using my Silhouette Cameo!



The reason I chose this layout, is that the photo and the papers seem to have such a great fit with each other.  They work so well together that you would think they were made for each other!  I also like all the embellies I added and the balance of the page.



This layout typifies a major trend in scrapbooking this year - barn-board pattern paper!  It creates such a natural, earthy feeling background and I love how it worked with the orange and teal color scheme on this layout.



This layout challenged me to 's-t-r-e-t-c-h' my creative process as I truly have become a single-page scrapbooker!  I like the fun, bright colors and how I maintained a clean look on the page, while still having fun with paint, stitching and a banner cluster.



Pure fun! That is what this layout is for me! From the photos and the paint splatters, to the ripped paper pieces and the stitching, I truly adore this layout! Everything on this page seems to have captured the spirit of the photos!


So, there you have it!  My Top 10!   I hope you will take the time to see what my Inspiration Elevator team mates chose as they reflected on this challenge. 


Thanks for looking ~



8 comments:

  1. So much beauty and inspiration all in one post. I love "picture perfect" and might just lift it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Love the Listen to Your Soul layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Joanne, you are so talented. I adore your Sweet Summer Smiles and I think the Picture Perfect are two of my Joanne favs..of course the rest is to 'die' for too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I just love your work..so clean and your photography is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful top 10. I especially love the Family and Picture Perfect pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little artsy things you incorporate into your page and yet keep it clean, like stamping and splatters, and ephemera. You created a beautiful body of work in 2012 - I'm looking forward to seeing where you go creatively in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome Top Ten! You are amazing..can't wait to see what's in store for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful creations, and definitely so you! I love dream big and picture perfect! It has been a wonderful experience being on the team with you this past term.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...