Thursday, April 23, 2009

Empty or Full?

Lent is over and my fasting from chocolate has come to an end. I have once again been enjoying my favorite indulgence in all it's various forms!

As I thought about refilling the empty tea cup that sits in my scrap space (remember my post about my special tea cup and M&M's?) I realized how much that tea cup represents my heart.

When I emptied it of chocolate at the beginning of Lent, it was out of a true desire to be filled more with God and His graces instead. Throughout Lent, as I emptied my heart of the things that crowd Jesus out, I once again experienced His loving presence deep within my soul. I have come to realize that things of this world (yes, including chocolate) will only fill us with a momentary happiness, but God fills us with a lasting joy and a peace that the world cannot give.

As Easter approached, I felt God inviting me to come to His banquet table and enjoy the feast He had prepared for me! And on Easter Sunday my heart was full!

As I looked at my little tea cup today, I realized it is far from empty. Truly, my cup runneth over!

2 comments:

  1. And may Christ, Our Risen Saviour,
    always be there by your side
    To bless you most abundantly
    and be your loving guide.
    Psalms 129:8

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...