Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Ever Scrap Page

Christine has invited me to play this game and I have to say it is truly a lesson in humility to do it - but here goes!

1. Show us your first scrapbook page (eek!)
2. Write a couple of lines about the page - associated with your feelings, your thoughts and when you did it
3. Pass the game on to 5 people

So here is my first.ever.scrapbook.page:

I had been invited to a Creative Memories home party about 10 or 12 years ago and I was soooo excited to start scrapbooking! The style of scrapbooking back then was all about white backgrounds, stickers and rounded corners on your photos. I scrapbooked some photos from a trip we made to Florida in 1991 and I thought I had to scrapbook the entire trip on one page!

Whew! That wasn't as painful as I thought it would be! I am just glad that scrapbooking has evolved to what it is today and that my style has evolved with it.

Now I am passing this on to Carolyn, Karan, Rosanne, Laura and Lynn. Can't wait to see your pages ladies!

8 comments:

  1. lol...and you think i should, umm..partake in this one....youre a funny girl...


    let me see what i can do...i have many pages that look just like that... so its not so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Joanne! I think my first one looks very similar! I'll dig it out and post it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne, this is a interesting post, I will definitely be adding it to my blog!! Thanks for pasing the game along to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think the first layout I did was of beach photos too. How weird is that? I will have to see if I can find it. Cute challenge. Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that is tooo funny, I'm scared to even look at my first layouts...eeeeek is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I am putting mine up- I need to figure out how to take pictures of my layouts :(. They don't turn out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I remember those days of stickers and nothing but stickers! I remember how conflicted I felt when I first put a brad or some other 3D element on a page after hearing time and again how bad they were for the scrapbooks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...