Friday, May 1, 2009

Up For A Challenge!

Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day - a day to celebrate the art and craft of scrapbooking! At Two Scrapbook Friends we have actually been celebrating all week as a lead up to this day and we have had some great fun with some challenges on our forum.

I decided to take up Laura's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. She posted the following sketch and challenged us to make a Mother's Day card based on it.

Here is the card that I created. Now if you turn the sketch sideways, squint your eyes and really use your imagination, you can see how my card is sort of based on her sketch!

I guess that is the idea of a sketch though. It gives you a basic starting point and you can make it your own! I will be delighted to give this card to my mom on Mother's Day! Thanks Laura.

I then posted a challenge of my own! Our theme for NSD is Spring Bling so I challenged everyone to use flowers, butterflies, birds, etc. and some bling on a card or layout. I created another card as inspiration.

I really had fun making this one. I used BoBunny Double-Dot paper, a transparency from My Minds Eye, embossed cardstock, and a great new border punch from E K Success that we just got in!

If you are up for a challenge, it is not too late. Just log onto our forum and start creating! Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...