Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crop for the Cure

I had the wonderful pleasure of attending a special fundraising Crop for the Cure yesterday. It is always great when you can combine your favorite hobby with a good cause. Thanks to Tracey for putting on a fabulous day and for raising over $2200.00!!

Carolyn, Audrey and I met up with Karan and Shelby and we had a great time sharing inspiration, products, stories, chocolate and lots of laughs! It was 12 full hours of scrapbooking fun and it was a very productive day!

The first layout I completed was based on a sketch by Karan Gerber. You can find her sketches on her sketch blog, Sketchabilities.


I used papers and brads from the fabulous new Traveler line from My Little Yellow Bicycle. This line is amazing - the colors are awesome and the papers are gorgeous. The chipboard letters are from Maya Road and I used Glimmer Mist to color them. I did a lot of hand-cutting of the flowers and leaves and I love how it turned out!

I also created a second layout using the Traveler line. I had taken a picture of my nephew with his new truck last year and I knew that someday I would find the perfect paper to complement it.
The license plate paper is so much fun to work with. It is a full sheet of printed, glossy license plates that were really fun to cut apart, distress and pop up on my layout.

The next layout I did was based on another sketch from Sketchabilities.

I created a really pink, girly layout (yay - pink!!) with papers and embellies from Breaking Free by MME.


It is funny how we pick up things from other scrapbookers. From Carolyn, I have learned that a layout is not complete unless the edges of your papers are inked! So, needless to say, I use alot of ink on my pages. It makes such a difference - everything is better defined and it just adds so much detail. Vintage Photo Distress Ink is my all-time favorite - I use it on everything.

Karan has taught me that scissors are my best friend. You should hand cut at least one thing to add to your page and you will be amazed at how it looks. On the flower above, I took a plain flat die-cut flower, cut in-between the petals, folded them, popped them up with foam adhesive and it looks fabulous! I have found that taking the time to do just a little bit extra on your page will take your page from average to amazing.

I almost got a fourth layout done, but I ran out of time. And, as I am still trying to finish up the accounting work I have to do, it might not get done as soon as I would like. But then again, I will need to take a break from the calculator once in a while - right? I promise to post it when I am done.

4 comments:

  1. i love your layouts Joanne, love the hand cutting, youre right it can be alot of work, but the out come is fabulous....also love that you are using my sketches....you RAWKED them...

    i had such a great time and watch out for the po po!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Joanne, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts Joanne! I had wanted to go the Crop for the Cure but it was sold out by the time I tried to sign up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...