Monday, December 12, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



One of my favorite Scripture passages was read in church yesterday.

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior... for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name."
(Luke 1:46-47, 49)

This beautiful prayer of Mary as she carried the child Jesus in her womb, is often echoed in my own heart as I recognize the wondrous graces that surround me each and every day! A sincere prayer of gratitude forms in my heart and escapes my lips as I count the gifts - the precious gifts from God my Savior!

And so the list continues with joy in my heart...

#237. walking the road to Bethlehem through Scripture readings and prayer during this time of Advent

#238. sincerely looking in the mirror and recognizing my many faults

#239. letting God show me the way

#240. family gatherings with in-laws that I truly love!



#241. Christmas decorations that hold special memories

#242. a full moon that hangs like a brilliant Christmas ornament in the sky

#243. pretty lights on all the houses in our neighborhood

#244. my best friend letting me borrow her Christmas banner to hang in my home before she even had a chance to hang it in her own (thank you Carolyn!!!)


#245. hearing a peace in my Mom's voice when I talk to her on the phone

#246. getting updates on little Nolan and rejoicing that he is a happy and healthy baby

#247. knowing that God looks kindly upon the lowly and exalts the humble of heart

#248. a room that is lit only by the glow of the Christmas tree

#249. the wonderful smell of fresh balsam pine

#250. Mr. B - my heart's special love


May your days be blessed ~

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your grateful thoughts and your pleasant blog site. Gail (Bible Love Notes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet list and don't we have much to thank Him for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your list. So glad you are posting this again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...