Monday, November 5, 2012

Great Weekend!

I had the wonderful opportunity of a weekend away with my BFF where we did nothing but scrapbook the entire time!

Our time away was at the Elmhurst Inn and Spa and it was truly a delightful time. The historic feel of the buildings and grounds create a lovely and relaxing environment and we enjoyed the company of the other scrapbookers we were with. 

 





I had so much fun being creative without the responsibility of actually running the weekend!  I got 3 singles, 1 double and 2 cards completed.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but for me that is really good!  I like to take my time and enjoy the process of creating, rather than just rushing through my pages to get them done.

Here is the first single page that I want to share with you.  I worked with pictures of my niece, Sarah, and my all-time favorite paper line from Fancy Pants, Life Is Good.  I love everything about this line - the colors, the embellies, the patterns!

 
I kept it fairly simple with some ink splatters on the background...


a banner with some stitching...


a title I cut with my Silhouette Cameo...


and some yummy washi tape!!

I will be posting more in the next few days.  Thanks for looking :)



8 comments:

  1. A retreat two weekends in a row? What's up with that?? Kidding, of course. I'm glad you had the chance to get away. I adore that layout. So many wonderful details! I especially love the framed photo and that little flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you had the cropping weekend with your BFF! Beautiful layout~ Love your washi tape cluster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.... 2 retreats in a row.... How did you get away with that at home? But nice that you could relax at this one and take it easy for a bit.

    Great LO. Love that little red frame sort of sideways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crazy in love with this design! The red frame is the GENIUS of the piece! So glad you ladies had a great relaxing time, You both need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That frame was the perfect accent. So glad we had that time together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos of Elmhurst are gorgeous, and your layout is wonderful - so simple and yet finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful layout Joanne and lovely photos of the resort. I cannot wait to you scrap them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...