Friday, August 9, 2013

Life Is A Beautiful Ride

When the new line from My Minds Eye, Chalk Studio, arrived at my store, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it to create a layout!  This new collection is so fabulous - great chalkboard designs on one side and gorgeous pastels on the other!  Plus, lots of fun embellies to go with the papers!


I had a couple of photos in mind when I started creating, but I decided on some pictures of my sisters and myself that we took a couple of years ago on our sisters weekend. The background for my page was easy, I just used the Beautiful Ride paper with the quote and bicycle already printed on it.


Then I added a couple of the pastel papers behind my photos. They give just a subtle bit of color that was perfect for my black and white photos.


From there I just had fun with all sorts of bits and pieces. I added a couple of the stickers from the line and some buttons, dew drops, candy dots, a camera paper clip and decorative tape!


The decorative tape from this line is to die for!  It has such a rich level of color and the designs are FABULOUS! I love, love, LOVE them!


This little heart is from the decorative tape (sigh!) and fit perfectly on the corner of my sister, Dianne's, photo.

I based my design on a sketch from Christa at Two Scrapbook Friends.  It is from the July Sketch Challenge and it is not too late to play along!  Thanks for looking




4 comments:

  1. Joanne, this is gorgeous. I love the pastel teamed with the black board papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Joanne! Very soft!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The BW is stunning like these three gorgeous ladies. You rocked this line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout for 3 beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...