Monday, February 8, 2010

Surviving Super Bowl Sunday

I don't mind football. In fact, if I had to watch a sport on TV, I would probably choose football. So with yesterday being Super Bowl Sunday, I was OK with the fact that for the men in my family, the entire day would probably center around the game - pre, during and post.

I also knew that I could only take so much of the excitement, so I planned on doing a bit of creating while my guys were glued to the TV. It ended up to be a great day and I had lots of fun working on a couple of different projects.

First off, I made a couple of button necklaces. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a bit of a button freak. Seriously, I LOVE BUTTONS! All the colors, shapes and sizes... they just make me happy. Recently I saw a blog somewhere that had this cool button necklace, so I decided to try making one for myself.

All I needed was some thin wire, ribbon and buttons! No problem! This is the first one I made...

which I really liked until my son said the middle three buttons looked like the face of a gecko! That sort of ruined it for me and now I am not so sure...

Then I changed up the colors and made a second one. (No negative comments on this one!)

They are super fun and easy to make. Maybe I will do a Friendzy Friday tutorial on them so you can try making one yourself?

Next up, I made a card. I bought a very cool pair of scissors that are made by Martha Stewart and I couldn't wait to make something using them. I had some Crate Paper stickers and paper, so I made this fun card.

The scissors are called Fringe Scissors and they have 5 non-stick cutting blades that cut the fringe on your paper really easily! Is that fun or what? So with the scissors, I cut the grass at the bottom using three layers of paper and I also fringed the circles that made up my flower. Easy peasy as Deanna would say! I wanted to keep cutting with them, but I decided to move onto my next project.

I have been working on my next layout for the Sketchabilities Design Team for a while and I really wanted to put the finishing touches on it. I added my photo, title and yes, buttons, and it is now completed. I can only show you a couple of detail shots until reveal day on February 15th.

I absolutely loved working with these papers and colors. You will have to check back for a full photo and all the details on February 14th ;-)

I hope you enjoyed your Super Bowl Sunday as much as I did! Now who was it that won the game...


9 comments:

  1. Really cool projects!
    I need those scissors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the fringe scissors - will have to keep a look out for them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a really lazy Super Bowl Sunday.....so lazy that I didn't even turn the game on. You know we are hockey people around here.

    Love the button necklaces and the card. Thanks for coming over to show me in person.

    Can't wait to see your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You know what that layout needs? A button..." Direct quote from Joanne. I had a good chuckle remembering just how much you love buttons! I loved your necklaces - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! looks like you had a really productive day! love the necklaces and card... can not wait to see your layout though!!! Lol@@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow girl you were busy! These are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy moly.....those neckalces are fantastic...should i give you my colour choices now???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need those scissors too! Love the card and those necklaces are so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such fun creations! love the button necklaces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...