Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Little Red Wagon #91

Deanna over at Little Red Wagon has challenged us to make something using heat embossing this week.

I will admit, heat embossing is not my favorite thing to do and I had a really hard time coming up with an idea. Then I decided to make up a couple of candle jars for my patio table and I made up some heat embossed seashells to decorate them with!


I started with a recycled canning jar in which I put a layer of crushed seashells and a candle. Then I tied some jute around the top of the jar and added my embossed seashells.


To make the seashells, I started with Kraft cardstock. I used some Sizzix dies to cut out the shells and then I added some fabulous Zing Embossing Powder for an absolutely gorgeous finish!

Thanks for the challenge Dee! I would not have thought to do this if I hadn't been challenged!

Pop on over to Little Red Wagon to see what the other Girlfriends made! I am sure you will be delighted with all the great ideas :)

6 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...